We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential and contribute to their community. Family Ties promotes the well-being of families raising children with social and emotional challenges through lived experience and on-the-ground expertise. We partner with families and communities across Westchester County to make sure that everyone has the foundation they need to build a healthy, meaningful life. With access to the right resources and support, every family is able to thrive.
We envision a world where families with emotional and behavioral health needs:
- are embraced by their community,
- no longer feel stigmatized or isolated by their challenges,
- are able to access the tools and resources that they need.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
- Services must be family driven and youth guided. Families must be viewed as partners and colleagues in all aspects of the decision-making process for their child’s care.
- Families are best engaged in the communities where they live and are most comfortable.
- Services must be strength-based and focus on a family’s goals and successes.
- Services must be racially, culturally and linguistically competent and respect differences of race, ethnicity, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Services must be individualized and flexible to meet the specific needs of each child and family.
- Services and supports must be available to “wrap around” the child and family.
- Services and programs must be “trauma informed”, emphasizing physical, psychological, and emotional safety for both providers and family members; this creates opportunities for individuals to rebuild a sense of empowerment and control over their lives.
(Adapted from the Child and Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP) Principles)
Check our Calendar
Find Support Groups, Parent Coaching Sessions, and upcoming events at our locations.